Do you need a few days away from the hustle and bustle of the city, to slow down, enjoy the quiet and special atmosphere of island life?
Or are you travelling to Ærø to get married and want an informal cosy feel for your stay?
Then Sigridsminde might just be the perfect place for you!
We have 1 guestroom available: The Bayview Suite. It is a newly renovated and very spacious suite on the 1st floor of the main house in the old hay loft. It has oakwood floor, a double bed and a beautiful view of the fields surrounding the farm and the bay beyond which includes the most spectacular sunsets. The private bathroom has underfloor heating, a spacious shower, a bathtub, and twin sinks. The suite is accessed through the hallway in our house, so there is not a private entrance per se.
Details and Suggestions
- Amenities: As we encourage our guests to spend their time here to disconnect from the online world and instead reconnect with themselves and recharge and enjoy the peace and quiet of our surroundings, there is no wi-fi or tv in your room, but a selection of books and magazines for vacation reading, as well as a yoga mat. You will also find a small fridge in your room with a mini freezer, as well as everything you need to make a cup of tea or coffee.
- Pets: No pets allowed (for our own animals’ sake).
- Smoking: is not allowed indoors nor out.
- In June, July and August we only accept bookings for a minimum of 2 nights.
- Check-in: from 16.00 (please alert us of late arrival)
- Check-out: by 11.00 on day of departure.
- Parking: Free parking in our courtyard.
- Guests: For insurance purposes you are not allowed to bring other guests or visitors to your room without our knowledge.
- When travelling I prefer privacy in my room and I don't need fresh towels every day of my stay nor a made bed. We hope you feel the same way, and we will leave your room in peace during your stay.
- Payment in full either via bank transfer beforehand or in cash at time of departure.
- Bike Rental: You can rent bikes in town at the gas station/bicycle shop at Pilebækken 11
- BREAKFAST OPTIONS
There are two options for breakfast, both of which are only a 10 minute walk or 5 minute bicycle ride away:
- Den Gamle Købmandsgaard on the town square open at 10 and offers a lovely local breakfast platter.
(Torvet 5, Ærøskøbing)
- Café Paa Torvet offers a breakfast buffet at 8.30 every morning for 100 dkk per prs. (just mention to them that you are staying here)
(Torvet 7, Ærøskøbing)
STUFF TO DO & THINGS TO SEE
- You can get the full scoop on the very best the island has to offer in my personal guide to Ærø island but here is my top three:
- Homemade ice cream with both classics and unique flavours at Cafe Aroma on the harbour in Ærøskøbing. (my personal favourites are Mango sorbet, Black Sesame, Peach sorbet and Liquorice)
- My favourite area on the island is the protected cliffs at Voderup Klint on the South-West coast.
- A lunch at and visit to the cosy cafe and shop at Den Gamle Købmandsgaard on the town square in Ærøskøbing.
HOW TO GET HERE
By car: the wisest thing to do is book a spot on the ferry via www.aeroe-ferry.dk or call 0045 62524000 well in advance.
We have a big wooden sign by our driveway that says 'Sigridsminde'. You can't miss it. (see map on our home page)
On foot/public transport: Sigridsminde is an easy 15 minute walk from the harbour in Aeroeskoebing. If you arrive with the ferry at Søby you can catch the bus to Aeroeskoebing for free.
The season runs from May – September
The Bayview Suite, per night: 1.500,- dkk / 205,- euro
Crib for child up to the age of 4, including linens, per night 150,- dkk / 20,- euro
Half day private car tour of the island's back roads (10-2) with small walks in the most beautiful areas, including a little picnic lunch by the Lighthouse.
2.000,- dkk / 275,- euro
Flower Bath with Roses, Lavender or other blooms when available in the garden and organic bath salts made on the island. 300,- dkk / 40,- euro
Enquire about our room availability:
(Fully booked June-August 2018)
We respect your privacy and do not share your email or personal information with anyone else.