Do you need a few days away from the hustle and bustle of the city, to slow down, enjoy the quiet and special atmosphere of island life?
Or are you travelling to Ærø to get married and want an informal cosy feel for your stay?
Then Sigridsminde might just be the perfect place for you!
The Bayview Suite is a new and very spacious fully renovated suite on the 1st floor of the main house in the old hay loft. It has heated oak flooring, a double bed and seating area and a beautiful view of the fields surrounding the farm and the bay beyond which includes the most spectacular sunsets. The private ensuite bathroom has underfloor heating, a spacious shower, a bathtub, and twin sinks. The suite is accessed through the hallway in our house, so there is not a private entrance.
MORE PHOTOS COMING SOON...
For the 2019 season and forward the guestroom will be a self-catered suite on the ground floor of the house with private entrance, a small garden, a kitchen with space to eat and bathroom. At that point we will also extend the season by being open for bookings from April 1st - November 1st.
Details and Guidelines
- As we encourage our guests to spend their time here to recharge and enjoy the peace and quiet of our surroundings, there is no tv in your room, but a selection of books and magazines for vacation reading.
- The wonderful hiking trail 'ø-havsstien' passes by the house a mere 150 metres away, and the two best beaches on the island are a short 5-10 minute bike ride away.
- No pets allowed (for our own animals’ sake).
- Smoking is not allowed, neither indoors nor out.
- In June, July and August we only accept bookings for a minimum of 2 nights.
- Check-in and check out: 4pm (You are welcome to come by and leave your bags if you arrive earlier. Please alert us of late arrivals. Check-out by 11 on day of departure.
- Free parking in our courtyard.
- For insurance purposes you are not allowed to bring other guests to your room.
- When travelling I prefer privacy in my room and I don't need fresh towels every day of my stay nor do I need someone to fluff my pillow. Unless you specifically ask, we will leave your room in peace during your stay.
- Payment in full either via bank transfer beforehand or in cash at time of departure.
- FARM BREAKFAST
We offer a simple farm-based breakfast at 9, to make sure you're ready for the day ahead. Bread, organic cheese and butter from Fyn, homemade jam, and free range eggs from our own chickens, as well as tea or coffee and our own apple juice.
- OTHER BREAKFAST OPTIONS
If you want to experience as much of the island as possible we recommend these three wonderful places in town which are just a short walk/drive away:
- Den Gamle Købmandsgaard on the town square open at 10 and offers a lovely local breakfast platter. (They also make the world's best cake if you need an afternoon treat :-)
(Torvet 5, Ærøskøbing)
- The local Bakery has a cafe right next door and is open tue-sat from 8.30
(Vestergade 62, ærøskøbing)
- Café Paa Torvet offers a breakfast buffet at 8.30 every morning for 100 dkk per prs
(Torvet 7, Ærøskøbing)
See our recommendations for lunch and dinner here.
HOW TO GET HERE
By car: the wisest thing to do is book a spot on the ferry via www.aeroe-ferry.dk or call 0045 62524000 well in advance.
We have a big wooden sign by our driveway that says 'Sigridsminde'. You can't miss it. (see map on our home page)
On foot/public transport: Sigridsminde is an easy 15 minute walk from the harbour in Aeroeskoebing. If you arrive with the ferry at Søby you can catch the bus to Aeroeskoebing for free.
The season runs from May – September
The Bayview Suite, per night: 1.500,- dkk / 205,- euro
Simple organic farm breakfast per prs, per night 150,- dkk / 20,- euro
Crib for child up to the age of 4, per night 150,- dkk / 20,- euro
Extra fold out bed for child age 5+, per night 300,- dkk / 40,- euro
Enquire about our room availability:
(Fully booked for June 2018)