OUR FARMHOUSE GUESTROOMS
Sigridsminde will be ready to open its doors to guests on May 1st, 2018.
We have two different options for accommodation, depending on your budget and the experience you are looking for:
The Garden Room is a light and spacious guest room with a double bed and southfacing windows with a lovely view of the garden. The room has not been renovated yet and still has the beautiful old original hardwood floor and there is a private entrance directly from the garden. The shared guest bathroom is located in the hall right next to your room.
PHOTOS COMING SOON...
The Bayview Suite is a newly renovated bedroom on the 1st floor of the main house in the old hay loft. It has oak floor with underfloor heating and a double canopy bed from where you can enjoy a beautiful view of the fields surrounding the farm and watch the sun set over the bay beyond. The private ensuite bathroom has underfloor heating, a spacious shower, a bathtub, and twin sinks.
MORE PHOTOS COMING SOON...
Details and Guidelines
- As we encourage our guests to spend their time here to recharge and enjoy the peace and quiet of our surroundings, there is no tv in your room, but wi-fi is available in certain parts of the house as well as a selection of books and magazines for vacation reading.
- The wonderful hiking trail 'ø-havsstien' passes by the house a mere 150 metres away, and the two best beaches on the island are a short 5-10 minute bike ride away.
- No pets allowed (for our own animals’ sake).
- Smoking is not allowed, neither indoors nor out.
- In June, July and August we only accept bookings for a minimum of 2 nights.
- Check-in and check out: 3pm (You are welcome to come by and leave your bags if you arrive earlier. Please alert us of late arrivals. Check-out by 11 on day of departure.
- Free parking in our courtyard.
- When travelling I prefer privacy in my room and I don't need fresh towels every day of my stay nor do I need someone to fluff my pillow. Unless you specifically ask, we will leave your room in peace during your stay.
- Payment in full either via bank transfer beforehand or in cash at time of departure.
- HOW TO GET HERE
By car: the wisest thing to do is book a spot on the ferry via www.aeroe-ferry.dk or call 0045 62524000 well in advance.
We have a big wooden sign by our driveway that says 'Sigridsminde'. You can't miss it. (see map on our home page)
On foot/public transport: Sigridsminde is an easy 15 minute walk from the harbour in Aeroeskoebing. If you arrive with the ferry at Søby you can catch the bus to Aeroeskoebing for free.
- FARM BREAKFAST
We offer a simple farm-based breakfast with tea or coffee, homebaked buns, rye bread, cheese, honey, homemade jam and soft boiled eggs fresh from our own chickens.
- SPECIAL WEDDING DAY BREAKFAST
For couples who come to Ærø to get married, we offer a delicious gourmet breakfast/brunch on your wedding day so you can get ready and have hair and makeup done in your room in peace. This special breakfast spread is homemade, seasonal, local and - whenever possible - organic.
- OTHER BREAKFAST OPTIONS
If you want to experience as much of the island as possible we recommend these three wonderful places in town which are just a short walk/drive away:
- Den Gamle Købmandsgaard on the town square open at 10 and offers a lovely local breakfast platter
(Torvet 5, Ærøskøbing)
- The local Bakery has a cafe right next door and is open tue-sat from 8.30
(Vestergade 62, ærøskøbing)
- Café Paa Torvet offers a breakfast buffet at 8.30 every morning for 100 dkk per prs
(Torvet 7, Ærøskøbing)
See our recommendations for lunch and dinner here.
The season runs from May – September
The Garden Room, per night: 800,- dkk / 110,- euro
The Bayview Suite, per night: 1.900,- dkk / 260,- euro
Simple organic farm breakfast for 2, per night 220,- dkk / 30,- euro
Wedding day gourmet breakfast for 2, 500,- dkk / 70,- euro
Crib for children up to the age of 4, per night 150,- dkk / 20,- euro
Extra fold out bed for child age 5+, per night 300,- dkk / 40,- euro